Maybe our society focuses on the worldly gifts a little too much but we are at least focusing on others, getting our joy out of giving the most perfect gift to the ones we love. This is what I think about when a lady tries to rip a sweater out of my hand because it's the last one on sale :) she is just being thoughtful.
Regardless of what brings you joy, remember the "most wonderful time of year" could only be from Him. He is the reason for this tender magical time of year when we all love a little harder.
Here are some small things that I am thankful for this time of year...
1. How quite a winter night can be when you turn everything off and just listen to the crackle of the fire.
2. Unexpected small gifts from neighbors.
3. Twinkle lights everywhere you go
4. Christmas cards from love ones ( the only time of year I check the mail ;)
5. How strangers start to tell you Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays
6. Days off to enjoy my family and friends
7. Fuzzy socks
9. The thought if a new year
10. Being so happy I think my heart may burst.
Have a happy and blessed Thanksgivng!!