Sunday, August 31, 2014

Bathroom Makeover

We finally got around to doing the guest bathroom!! From builder grade to soothing and calm.


Horrible builder grade cabinets don't get me wrong I am thankful for them but they need a makeover. There is much more I would like to do but this is on a budget without major construction, to keep the hubs happy :).

Builder grade light ...this was probably the worst part of this restroom and my pet peeve.

And here she is now...

Sorry that I can't quit get everything in one picture it's at a difficult angle and there is no natural light. 


Added some shelves to hold anything a guest may need.


Bath salts, cotton balls and q-tips then some razors and tooth brushes that are individually packed incase someone forgets.

Also a little shower gel and a good sponge. 

Flowers from the yard and some delicious smelling soap.


Pulled off the builder grade mirror and hung this lovely new one, it makes such a difference! 

We also painted the walls a calming grey and the cabinets a deep espresso.


And added a little bling to them with the knobs.


I wasn't sure about these mats and the pattern but I am really loving them now.


Another huge difference was hanging these curtains all the way to the celling. It really makes the room look sooo much larger!

I like all white towels they always look so clean and fresh! 

Now the crown jewel ...


It was hard to photo graph but here is the new light. We love it!! It was regularly an obscene price but we found it 70 percent off ...amazing!! It's so sparkly and makes the space so fun!


Sorry the lighting is terrible. Anyway, that is the rest room. I tried to think of everything anyone would need and we love it so far. I just need to add some art to the walls. I am working on pictures now.


I hope you liked the tour!

Product list:
Wall paint: Behr paint in primer subtle touch
Caninet Paint: Behr marquee in espresso
Knobs: lowes
Light: lamps plus
Shelves: target
Rugs: tjmaxx
Curtains: tjmaxx
Mirror: Homegoods 

2 comments:

Mom said...

It is lovely, the lighting is so fabulous in person.

Lauren Kreiling said...

It looks beautiful!!!!! You have such gorgeous taste!